Alarm Systems Panama City
Statistics for property crimes in Panama City are 68.71 per 1000 residents. The national median is 26 per 1000 residents. Your chance of being a victim in Panama City is 1 in 15. One of the best ways to deter a burglar from entering your home is an alarm system and/or security cameras. Alarm systems that make a loud noise when someone enters the home unwanted is a huge deterrent. Burglars don’t like loud noises. An alarm system that is monitored allows another level of protection since law enforcement is notified. There are a number of things you can do to help protect your property against theft.
- Use deadbolt locks. The more difficult it is for the burglar the better. They don’t usually want to spend much time getting into your home. They prefer to make a quick and easy visit.
- If you have a sliding glass door, use a cut broom handle or round curtain rod to place in the track. Sliding glass doors are the easiest way for burglars to get in.
- Use timing devices to switch your lighting and television off and on when you are away from home. This gives the impression that someone is home and will usually deter a burglar. This also helps eliminate the dangers of coming home to a dark house alone.
- Purchase an inexpensive shredder. Burglars can go through your trash and learn a lot of personal information regarding your financial status. Not only can it help them with identity theft, it can also help a burglar determine what level of personal belongings they may be able to obtain from your home and if the effort is worth the risk for them.
- Make sure your property is well-lit.
- Have someone pick up your mail and newspaper when you are going to be away. Mail and newspapers stacking up is an open invitation to a burglar.
- Protect your home with an alarm system from Coastal Protection, Inc. today.
Residential – Security Systems